- Plauschplage (prattle-plague): The pressure to make bantering small talk with people you interact with every day.
- Tantalusqualerlösung (Tantalus-torment-redemption): The relief and delight of perfectly slaked thirst.
- Fingernageltafelquietschen (fingernail-blackboard-squeal): The visceral hatred of certain noises.
- Gastdruck (guest-pressure): The exhausting effort of being a good houseguest.
- Fingerspitzentanz (fingertips-dance): Tiny triumphs of nimble-fingered dexterity.
- Traumneustartversuch (dream-restart-experiment): The (usually futile) attempt to return to the plot of the dream after having been awakened.
- Dornhöschenschlaf (thorny-lingerie-sleep): Feigning sleep to avoid sexual intimacy.It promises to be quite entertaining and a welcome source of useful words in general, as well as words of limited application:
- Gaststattenneueröffnungsuntergangsgewissheit (inn-new-opening-downfall-certitude): The certainty that a newly opened restaurant will fail.
In time for Christmas ...
(H/T to Never Yet Melted)